R&R 2024 Women in Restoration Award
Established in 2016 by R&R, this annual award recognizes leading women in all positions within the restoration industry. Since the inception of this campaign, more than 250 women have been nominated and we intend to build on the impressive momentum.
It is no secret that the restoration industry is male-dominated, as is the construction industry overall. While women make up 47% of the entire U.S. labor force, they comprise just 10.9% of the construction workforce, according to 2022 data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
We hope that by shining a spotlight on outstanding women in restoration, we help encourage and empower more women to join this great industry and advance within it. After all, attracting talent is the top challenge for the restoration industry according to R&R’s 2022 State of the Industry Report, and remains the same a year later in 2023.
For these reasons and more, R&R is honored to formally celebrate women making strides within their organizations and restoration overall for the eighth consecutive year.
A panel of industry peers will determine the winner and runners-up based on the criteria listed below. They will be notified in mid-February 2024 and must be available for interviews later that month.
The award will be presented at the Restoration Industry Association’s (RIA) International Restoration Convention & Industry Expo from April 8–10, 2024, in Dallas, Texas. The winner and runners-up will also be featured in the April 2024 issue of R&R.
- Women must have at least 10 years of experience in the restoration industry.
- Women can nominate themselves and/or be nominated by a colleague.
- Women from any position in the restoration industry can be nominated.
- Past runners-up may enter again.
- Past winners of the Women in Restoration Award are not eligible.
- Eligibility is limited to companies operating in the United States and Canada.
- The thoroughness of the entry
- Supporting documentation (images, references, etc.)
- Journey and experience in the industry
- Job growth and future reach
- Worthiness of recognition
- Industry awards and certifications